Saturday, October 20, 2012

Even More Music Pickups! Remix Addition

So, I bet this is getting kind of annoying having so many music pickup posts so close together, so I swear the next blog will be about something else and will actually have substance unlike the previous blog lol.

Anyway here are some CD's I recently bought

Bis - Plastique Nouvau

Bis - Plastique Nouveau

OK, so I basically got this CD because it was obviously a DJ copy with write saying what tracks would be good to play in the club and what songs are dancible lol, but it is actually really really good. If you don't know who Bis is, they were an indie pop band who did a song I bet many of you remember, The Powerpuff Girls theme song! Anyway, this was their last CD and it's basically straightforward electronic music! Yep, that's right a pop group that had a CD full of electronic music with very minimal singing. The whole CD reminds me of another band, Alice in Videoland. This Cd actually sounds so good it makes me wonder why Bis wasn't an electronic band, but then I remember I still like their poppy music too lol. Anyway here are my favorite songs on this CD

"Protection (Nude Mix)"

"The End Starts Today (Tommie Sunshine's "Nail Me Down" Glasgow Summer Freestyle Mix)"  - Ok so this track does actually have a lot of singing, but hey, I think it's most singing on the whole CD lol.                                                  


Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (and The Perfect Drug [Versions])


Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral Nine Inch Nails - "The Perfect Drug" Versions


I originally wasn't going to get any NIN Cd's because for some reason I don't like getting CD's from extremely popular bands since I think their CD will always be available and other bands (like All Gone Dead or Ashbury Height) will either go waaaaay up in value or won't even be available when I want to buy it. However I ended up caving and buying these two CDs when I was at my local used CD store (the one really close to my house isn't a good one though, it's basically like a gigantic Wallmart, but they do have a huge collection of old CD's and video games, as well as books too, however their huge selection usually doesn't have any of the CD's that I really want and only a few bands I actually listen to (which is crazy since I listen to a ton of bands, but then again I don't listen to a whole lot of popular bands since I find most of my music on the internet lol, although I do have to say that I would really doubt a store like this would have Turkish pop music... yes that is the kind of music I loooove to listen to and it's totally the opposite of goth, Blaspheme! Lol.).....

Anyway back on topic, The Downward Spiral is OK and The Perfect Drug is a great single. The Downward Spiral has a few well known NIN songs like March of the Pigs, Closer, and Hurt, and The Perfect Drug has 5 different remixes with 4 different bands (yes, NIN did their own remix lol), including Meat Beat Manifesto, and Spacetime Continuum. My favorite songs on these CD's are

"Heresy" 

"March of the Pigs" 

"The Perfect Drug (Meat Beat Manifesto Mix)"

"The Perfect Drug (Spacetime Continuum Mix)"

Both of the remixes aren't on youtube so here's the original song

Front Line Assembly - Re-Wind

Front Line Assembly - Re-Wind

So this is basically just a whole remix CD, on the first disk FLA did all their own remixes, however on the second disk there are many different artists/bands that did the remixes (like Front 242). I really like this CD since it's more on the electronic side of FLA and not really metal sounding like some of their earlier stuff (ex. Millennium) Anyway my favorite tracks on this CD are

"Aftermath (We All Shall Perish-Mix)"

"Evil Playground (Chainsaw Mix)"


Wolfsheim - Popkiller

Wolfsheim's* - Popkiller

Wolfsheim's 4th album, 2nd CD. This is probably my least wanted Wolfsheim CD, however since Wolfsheim is such a hard band to find where I live I had to get it, and since I like Wolfsheim anyway it still ended up being a good CD. I don't believe it has any of their popular songs though  (Tender Days and Lovesong might be popular but idk, the songs I remember from Wolfsheim aren't on this CD lol). For those of you who don't know, Wolfsheim is basically in the slow and more emotional synth-pop/electronic music like the band VNV Nation, if you like them you'll probably like Wolfsheim. Anyway my favorite songs on this CD are

"Entropy" - Actually one of my favorite Wolfsheim songs

"Tender Days"

No comments:

Post a Comment